What is Book Club at the Museum?
Book Club at the Museum is an exciting program that unites art with literature. This program is designed for existing book clubs to read a featured book and then come as a group to the Museum to view art that relates to the book. An online Discussion Guide is offered for each featured book to facilitate conversation at the book club meetings and to enhance the Book Club tour at the Museum. Trained UMFA docents will guide discussion-based tours which last approximately one hour.
FEATURED BOOKS (click book image for more information)
|Strapless: John Singer Sargent and the Fall of Madame X by Deborah Davis
||The Madonnas of Leningrad by Debra Dean
||Memoires of Madame Vigée Lebrun translated by Lionel Strachey
||Nefertiti by Michelle Moran
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
- Select one of the featured books and download its accompanying Discussion Guide.
- Read the book in your book club and use the Discussion Guide to facilitate conversation.
- Make a reservation to bring your book club members to the Museum for a Book Club guided tour. Please call 801.581.3580 to make your reservation at least two weeks in advance.
- A gallery educator (docent) will show you how the featured book connects with works of art in the Museum's permanent collection. (Note: some featured books are selected for temporary exhibitions.) Campstools can be provided for seating. Please bring your copy of the book with you on your tour.
- Book Club at the Museum tours are free with general Museum admission.
- UMFA Members receive free admission every day.
- On the first Wednesday of each month, general admission is free for everyone.
- Adults | $7
- Seniors | $5
- Book Club Group Rate (10 or more people) | $3
Tuesday–Friday | 10 am–5 pm
Wednesday | 10 am–8 pm
Saturday and Sunday | 11 am–5 pm
Closed Mondays and Holidays