To ensure an enjoyable and safe visit for all our patrons, we ask for your
cooperation in following a few simple guidelines:
- Please walk and use respectful voices in the galleries.
- No touching please. The oil from your fingers will damage the artwork.
- No food, drink, or gum is allowed in the galleries.
- Pencils only please (no pens).
- Umbrellas, backpacks, and large bags must be checked at the information desk. Encourage your group to leave large bags at home, at school, or on the bus.
- Please check the photography guidelines.
photographing in the museum
Photography is allowed under the following conditions:
- Photographs may be used for personal, non-commercial use only and may not be distributed.
- No flash photography is allowed as intense light damages the artwork.
- No tripods or large camera bags. Bulky equipment may damage artwork.
- Photography is not allowed in areas posted with a "No Photography" symbol, or of objects identified with the "No Photography" symbol.
- No video recording allowed.
- To request an image of works from the permanent collection, click here.
- To read the UMFA's complete photography and copyright policy, click here.
sketching in the museum
The UMFA welcomes classes and individuals who would like to sketch objects on display in the UMFA galleries. Only dry media like pencils, chalk, charcoal, and chalk pastels are allowed. Greasy media as well as pens, markers, ink or paint is not allowed. A plastic drop cloth (trash bag) should be used to collect chalk powder and pencil shavings. Groups of ten or more should make an advanced reservation to avoid conflicts with other tours or special programs. To schedule a visit please click on PLAN-A-TOUR or call 801.581.3580.
VISIT US LINKS
Free Museum Days and Programs
Arrange a Group Tour
About the UMFA
Private Event Rental
The Museum Café
The Museum Store
VISIT OUR PARTNERS
Foothill Cultural District
University of Utah
Visit Salt Lake Connect Pass