The Students' Museum Advisory Council (SMAC) is an ASUU club. Students get special, behind-the-scenes access to the world of museums, and work with UMFA staff to plan campus-focused events.
The SMAC members get a hands-on experience in planning museum events for U of U students. Members meet monthly with a committee of professional museum staff members to coordinate large and small scale student events.
SMAC Membership Requirements:
- Be officially enrolled in the University of Utah
- Submit an application to be considered
SUBMIT YOUR SMAC APPLICATION HERE
Benefits of SMAC Membership:
- Receive a free 1 year student membership to the UMFA
- Make a significant impact on the success of student events and programming at the UMFA
- Network with museum professionals including educators, curators, collections staff and administrators and learn about the inner workings of a museum
- Learn programming and leadership skills
- Receive invitations to attend special events, lectures, workshops, trips and behind-the-scenes opportunities
- Increase your involvement with the University and the Utah Museum of Fine Arts