Tips for Your Visit
To help us protect the art and ensure an enjoyable and safe visit for all we appreciate your cooperation with these simple guidelines:
- Please walk and use respectful voices in the galleries.
- Look but don’t touch, oil from your fingers can damage the artwork.
- No food, drink, or gum is permitted in the galleries.
- Pencils only please (no pens).
- Check umbrellas, backpacks, and large bags at the welcome desk. Groups are encouraged to leave large bags at home, school, or on the bus.
- Free lockers are provided to store large bags and coats.
Photography is permitted under the following conditions: Photographs may be used for personal, non-commercial use only and may not be distributed. No flash photography is permitted—intense light damages the artwork. No tripods or large camera bags are permitted in galleries. Bulky equipment may damage artwork. Photography is not permitted for objects or areas identified with the "No Photography" symbol. No video recording is permitted in the Museum. Click here to request image reproductions of objects from the permanent collection.
Don’t forget to share and tag your photos! #umfa @utahmuseumoffinearts