The UMFA is an ADA accessible building.
Wheelchairs and strollers
All galleries, The Museum Store, Museum Café, and the Katherine W. and Ezekiel R. Dumke Jr. Auditorium are wheelchair and stroller accessible. There are two public elevators in the Museum—one located in the lobby and another in the southeast corner of the Museum.
A wheelchair is available for use during your visit, inquire at the welcome desk.
For visitors who are deaf or hard of hearing
- A limited number of assistive listening devices are available for programs in our auditorium.
- Contact the accessibility coordinator to request sign language interpretation or other accommodations for a lecture, film screening, or tour.
- Discover more about the art on view using our free audio guide. Transcripts for each audio stop are available, learn more here.
For visitors who are blind or visually impaired
- The UMFA is an Aira Access Partner. Download the Aira app and gain access to free visual interpretation while at the UMFA. Aira agents will lead you through your visit to the Museum. Learn more about Aira on their website at aira.io/.
- Guided tours of the Museum's touch collection are available by appointment. Escorts guide visitors through the galleries to describe objects and read accompanying labels. Contact the accessibility coordinator or call 801.585.7163 to schedule a tour.
- Discover more about the art on view using our free audio guide, learn more here.
- Wall labels and exhibition information are available in large type throughout the galleries. Look for the binders near the entrance to each gallery.
- We are currently testing in-gallery QR codes that will lead visitors to accessible label web pages. Visitors can use a phone's screen reader to access a gallery's labels and wall text. Look for QR codes in the intro wall text and/or on each artwork's label. This feature is currently in all temporary exhibitions and we are working on implementing it in our permanent galleries through the spring/summer of 2022.
Visitors with service animals are always welcome at the UMFA.
Contact the accessibility coordinator or call 801.585.7163 for more information.
Use the map below as an aid in navigating your visit to the musuem. Download or view our visitor guide here.