12–1:15 pm | FREE | Tune in to the live event here.
The UMFA invites you to a three-part virtual lunchtime series featuring lightning talks with University of Utah researchers working with art and archives from the Utah Museum of Fine Arts and J. Willard Marriott Library Special Collections.
The third session will feature:
- Michael Abrahamson, Labor in and on the Landscape: Architectures of Organizing in the Western United States
- Steven Chodoriwsky, The Once Upon a Time State of the School of the State
- Joshua Graham, Unearthing the Future: Experiential Art Education in the Great Basin
- Sarah Hollenberg, America’s Aliens: Isamu Noguchi and Patrick Nagatani’s Desert Encounters
- Crystal Rudds & Elisabet Curbelo González, Afrofuturistic Visions of the West
- Jaclyn Wright, Impact | Land | Form
Projects are funded through a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to the UMFA and U of U Marriott Library.