12–1:15 pm | FREE | Tune in to the live event here.
The UMFA invites you to a three-part virtual lunchtime series featuring lightning talks with University of Utah researchers working with art and archives from the Utah Museum of Fine Arts and J. Willard Marriott Library Special Collections.
The first session will feature:
- Andy Hoffmann, Sounds, Sedimentations, and Sanctuaries: An Assemblage Approach
- Al Denyer, A Sense of Place: Responses to Belonging in the American West
- Emily Larsen, Utah’s Women Artists and the American West, c. 1890–1950
- Emily Tipps, Papermaking the Great Salt Lake
- Samyak Shertok, The Great Salt Lake: Myths, Salt, and Birds
Projects are funded through a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to the UMFA and U of U Marriott Library.