K–12 Gallery Tours
Ignite your curiosity while discovering 5,000 years of human creativity through guided and self-guided tours of the UMFA galleries. Beginning with works of art and their stories, we encourage discussion extending across cultures to foster awareness and understanding. We believe that we learn together by asking questions to arrive at new perspectives about art, each other, and the world.
- Explore the permanent collection on view or temporary exhibitions. Tours are adapted to the interests and age range of the group.
- Guided tours are available by appointment Tuesday–Friday, schedule at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Self-guided tours are scheduled according to Museum hours and capacity.
- Tour groups are limited to 60 students.
- One responsible adult must accompany every 10 students for grades 1–12. One responsible adult is required for every 5 students for pre-K and kindergarten groups.
- Admission is waived for public and charter schools. Private and parochial school group rates are $4 per person.
- Fee waivers may be available to groups demonstrating need.
- Transportation funding is first come, first served.
Observing Museum etiquette protects the art and ensures an enjoyable and safe visit for all. Please discuss these manners before your visit:
- Please use indoor voices, feet, and hands in the galleries.
- Stay with your group.
- Look but don’t touch, oil from your fingers will damage the artwork.
- Ask questions and share your ideas and thoughts.
- No food, drink, or gum is permitted in the galleries.
- Pencils only please (no pens).